Disclaimer: Please note, we do not publish sponsored posts. However, our posts do contain affiliate links, where we may be compensated for any purchases you make. This does not affect the price you pay. Thanks for supporting our site! 🙂
Is the SafeRest Premium Hypoallergenic Waterproof Mattress Protector a good buy?
This SafeRest product is really the whole package when it comes to buying a reasonably priced mattress protector.
It ticks all the boxes: waterproof, hypoallergenic, breathable, noiseless and fits perfectly to the shape of your mattress.
The premium version benefits from a soft cotton terry surface, which isn’t only waterproof but is super soft, comfortable and silent too — no crinkling during the night!
This is the Queen size SafeRest Premium Mattress Protector.
- Product Dimensions: 11.5 x 11.1 x 3.8 inches
- Item Weight: 1 pound
- Material: Cotton terry with membrane back coating (no vinyl)
- Color: White
- Warranty: 10 years
It’s also available in Twin, Twin XL, Full, King and California King sizes.
- Hypoallergenic: It protects both you and your mattress from dust mites, urine, sweat, allergens, bacteria and fluids. It’s also free from vinyl
- Waterproof: The cotton terry is backed by a membrane coating which also promises to be noiseless while encouraging air flow
- SafeRest Invisa-Shield™: This technology ensures that the product does not change the feel of your mattress
In addition to the above, the SafeRest Premium Hypoallergenic Waterproof Mattress Protector also benefits from the following:
- Fitted sheet style which fits perfectly to your mattress with no slippage
- Machine washable and can be tumble-dried on a low heat
- Contains no phthalates, vinyl or PVCs
- Registered as a class 1 medical device with the FDA
- Breathable so there’s no heat trapping spots
- Keeps cool throughout the night
- The sides aren’t waterproof which might be frustrating for any accidental spills nearby the bed
Does it Protect Your Mattress?
This is the most important question to ask of a mattress protector, and we can confirm that the SafeRest Premium Hypoallergenic Waterproof Mattress Protector does indeed protect your mattress — and you!
While the cotton terry surface is soft and noiseless, the membrane backing ensures that it’s 100% waterproof at all times — stopping all liquids, including urine, drinks and sweat are quickly absorbed before they manage to reach your mattress.
As we’ve mentioned, the one downside to this product is that the waterproofing doesn’t extend all the way down the sides as well.
As well as the comprehensive waterproofing, this SafeRest product is also hypoallergenic, making it perfect for adults and children alike — especially those who suffer from allergies, eczema and asthma.
The membrane backing can repel dust mites, allergens and bacteria, keeping you safe and comfortable throughout the night.
How Comfortable is it?
Bearing in mind that the SafeRest Premium is a mattress protector, rather than a pad or topper designed to add extra padding and comfort, it’s a remarkably comfortable product.
Unlike many other, cheaper mattress protectors on the market, it is completely noiseless — that means no pesky rustling when you turn over!
The membrane backing is breathable and promotes airflow around the protector, ensuring that no heat, sweat or odors can be trapped either.
Finally, its status as an FDA Class 1 Medical Device confirms that it’s adaptable and doesn’t change the feel of your mattress — whether it’s memory foam, latex, box spring or otherwise.
Have you tried the SafeRest Premium Hypoallergenic Waterproof mattress protector yet?