Disclaimer: Please note, we do not publish sponsored posts. However, our posts do contain affiliate links, where we may be compensated for any purchases you make. This does not affect the price you pay. Thanks for supporting our site! 🙂
Are you looking for the best memory foam mattress topper? We’ve got you covered.
Want to sleep better but can’t afford a new mattress?
Nothing is worse than tossing and turning all night because you can’t get comfortable and then feeling fatigued all throughout the day time.
Fortunately there is a simple solution that costs a fraction of the price of a new mattress — a memory foam mattress topper.
- 1 What Is A Mattress Topper?
- 2 Do I Need A Mattress Topper?
- 3 Benefits Of Memory Foam
- 4 Memory Foam Mattress Topper Cost Guide
- 5 Best Memory Foam Mattress Toppers
- 5.1 LUCID 2 Inch 5 Zone Lavender Memory Foam Mattress Topper
- 5.2 Milliard Gel Memory Foam Mattress Topper
- 5.3 Sleep Innovations Gel Memory Foam 4-inch Dual Layer Mattress Topper
- 5.4 Milemont Memory Foam Mattress Topper
- 5.5 Linenspa 2 Inch Gel Infused Memory Foam Mattress Topper
- 5.6 EMONIA Memory Foam Mattress Topper
- 5.7 ViscoSoft Memory Foam Mattress Topper
- 5.8 LUCID 4 Inch Gel Memory Foam Mattress Topper
- 5.9 HOFISH 3 Inch Gel Infused Memory Foam Mattress Topper
What Is A Mattress Topper?
A mattress topper — also sometimes referred to as a mattress pad — is made from a layer of memory foam or other material, and is designed to be placed on top of an existing mattress to provide cushioning and an additional level of comfort.
Do I Need A Mattress Topper?
If you can’t get a good night’s sleep but you can’t afford a new mattress, a mattress topper could be exactly what you need.
A mattress topper can make a firm mattress feel softer and more comfortable, relieve aches and pains, and prevent putting strain on painful pressure points.
A mattress topper can also put new life back into an old, worn out mattress, making it a cost effective alternative to buying a brand new one.
Toppers are also suitable for sleepers who find their bed isn’t tall or thick enough, and for those who sleep on their back or side.
Benefits Of Memory Foam
Memory foam toppers feel luxurious to sleep on.
They mould around your body shape and relieve the pressure on your joints.
The denser the foam, the more support it gives your spine, keeping it correctly aligned throughout the night and allowing the muscles and ligaments of your back to relax and heal themselves while you sleep.
Memory foam also absorbs and isolates motion transfer very well and produces no noise, making it suitable for couples.
Memory foam is fantastically comfortable, but nothing is perfect and there are some drawbacks.
Standard memory foam products may retain body heat, which can make them less comfortable in warm weather.
To combat this many modern memory foams are infused with cooling gel particles.
Also, when new, memory foam can produce an odd chemical smell — a phenomenon called offgassing — but as long as the foam is properly aired the smell usually dissipates quickly.
Memory Foam Mattress Topper Cost Guide
The price of memory foam toppers varies significantly depending on size, thickness, and foam quality.
As a rough guide, the average memory foam mattress topper costs between $150 and $250, although toppers from certain top quality brands cost considerably more than that.
Best Memory Foam Mattress Toppers
A bargain at a low price, the LUCID 5 Zone Lavender Memory Foam Mattress Topper is constructed using 2 inch thick memory foam which has been infused with a soothing natural lavender fragrance to help send you off to sleep.
The foam is textured to encourage air circulation, and features 5 different zones designed to to reduce pressure at the different points of the body which need it most.
The LUCID mattress topper is available in a large range of sizes, from twin all the way up to California king.
- The 5 body zones are effective at relieving pain and discomfort
- Affordable price
- Available in a wide range of sizes
- Lavender scent helps you relax and sleep better
- Ventilated design allows even airflow within the mattress
- Foam is CertiPur-US certified
- Doesn’t come with a cover
- Could be more durable
The 2 inches of premium memory foam of the Milliard Gel Memory Foam Mattress Topper are infused with a special cooling gel with open cell technology.
Gel infused memory foam tends to sleep about 25% cooler longer than regular memory foam as it increases airflow within the foam for better ventilation to help regulate body temperature during sleep.
This mattress topper is CertiPUR-US certified, antimicrobial and hypoallergenic. It comes complete with an all natural bamboo cover which sleeps cool and can be removed for washing.
The Milliard Mattress Topper is available in twin, full, queen, and king sizes.
- Very soft and comfortable
- Breathable and stays cool
- Allergen resistant
- Good for relieving arthritis, aches and pains
- Wallet friendly price
- Comes with a cover, enhancing durability
- It’s not quite as supportive as the other toppers on this list
Sink into 4 inches of comfort with the Sleep Innovations Gel Memory Foam 4-inch Dual Layer Mattress Topper.
It combines two different layers. The first is a 2 inch bottom layer of supportive gel memory foam which cradles the body, relieves pressure points, and maintains an ideal temperature for good sleep. On top of that is an optional 2 inch layer of luxurious soft fiber fill for additional comfort.
Only top quality CertiPUR-US Certified materials are used to make this mattress topper, which means that it is not only good for your sleep, it is good for your health, too.
The Sleep Innovations mattress topper is available in twin, full, queen, king, and California king sizes.
- Ideal for any sleeping position
- Very supportive and excels at relieving pressure points
- 2 in 1 softness and support
- Comes with 10 year limited warranty
- Highly durable
- Cover is machine washable
- Layer of fiber fill can trap heat in hot climates
Available in either 2 inch or 3 inch thicknesses and twin, full, queen, and king sizes, the Milemont Memory Foam Mattress Topper is made from chemical free CertiPUR-US Certified memory foam.
The comfortable yet supportive foam helps keep your spine aligned while you sleep to relieve pressure points and reduce aches and pains upon waking.
The foam is also ventilated and uses open cell, gel infused technology to wick heat and moisture away from the skin and regulate sleeping temperature so it’s certain that you’ll sleep like a baby.
- Super comfortable with an almost plush feel
- Good value for money
- Little to no off gassing
- Sleeps cool
- Effective at relieving painful joints
- Made using quality materials
- Not supplied with a cover
- A little too soft for some sleepers who prefer a firmer night’s sleep
With the Linenspa Memory Foam Mattress Topper you can choose from either 2 inch or 3 inch thicknesses of luxurious high grade foam which hugs the curves of your body to provide excellent comfort and protection.
The gel infused memory foam not only keeps your spine in a healthy alignment and alleviates pressure points, it also traps heat and redistributes it so that you can experience cool, pleasant temperatures throughout the night without waking up in a sweat.
Whatever size your existing mattress, Linenspa has a mattress topper guaranteed to fit from their wide range of sizes.
- Great quality for the price
- Provides a good level of additional softness and comfort
- Good motion isolation
- Expands well after unpacking to attain a true height
- Supportive and good at relieving pressure points
- Could do a better job of regulating temperature
- Not as durable as other toppers on this list
The 3 inch thick, medium soft EMONIA Memory Foam Mattress Topper effectively distributes your body weight to alleviate pressure on painful zones and ensure excellent back, neck, and hip support.
The high grade foam is CertiPUR-US and OEKO-TEX certified as free from harmful chemicals, and is hypoallergenic, resistant to odors, and antimicrobial.
The soft, practical cover is made from a bamboo and polyester blend which is both easy to clean and breathable, as well as having moisture wicking properties.
This memory foam mattress topper comes in a wide range of sizes.
- Made from quality materials
- Highly durable
- Suitable for stomach, back, and side sleepers
- Machine washable cover
- Cover can slip out of position if you toss and turn
- Some sleepers feel that there is not enough body support for their liking
This all American made mattress topper is designed to revive or soften your existing mattress and provide your body with essential support to eradicate pain and ensure a comfortable night’s sleep every time.
The springy, quality foam reduces motion transfer if you sleep with a partner who tosses and turns at night, and will conform to your sleeping position whether you’re a side, stomach, or back sleeper.
ViscoSoft allow you to tailor make your memory foam mattress topper with a choice of 2 inch or 3 inch thicknesses available in twin, twin XL, full, queen, king, and California king sizes.
This mattress is also infused with gel to maintain a consistently comfortable temperature.
- Quality American construction
- 60 day money back guarantee and 5 year warranty
- Evenly distributes body weight to relieve pressure points
- Does a good job of temperature regulation
- Very good motion isolation
- Excellent low price
- Very comfortable
- Doesn’t feel as sturdy and durable as more expensive toppers
This mattress topper from LUCID features a generous 4 inch thick layer of gel memory foam intended to offer an extreme level of cloud like comfort but with excellent spine and neck support to promote good physical health.
As well as being impregnated with cooling gel, the CertiPUR-US certified foam is also covered with tiny holes to allow it to stay well ventilated and encourage air flow for excellent breathability.
Choose between twin, twin XL, full, queen, king, and California king sizes to fit your current mattress.
The LUCID 4 Inch Gel Memory Foam mattress topper is covered by a 3 year warranty.
- Very comfortable
- High quality materials and durable
- Excellent air flow
- Sleeps cool
- Free from nasty chemicals
- Great for any sleeping position
- Too soft and squishy for some sleepers
The Hofish mattress topper has been crafted with excellent ventilation to boost the airflow and help you sleep cool, as well as being infused with an innovative gel which helps reduce heat retention, making it an ideal choice for people who sleep hot.
Available in both 2 inch or 3 inch thicknesses, the topper has a plush density which is soft and comfortable with a reasonable level of spinal support and pressure point cushioning, and is available in twin, full, queen and king sizes.
All the foam in the topper is CertiPUR-US certified for a healthier sleep.
- Comfortable, springy feel suitable for most sleepers
- Good motion isolation
- Soft yet supportive
- Good for hot climates or people who sleep warm
- Too soft and cushy for some sleepers
- Can shift around on the bed if you tend to toss and turn
Which do you think is the best memory foam mattress topper?