Disclaimer: Please note, we do not publish sponsored posts. However, our posts do contain affiliate links, where we may be compensated for any purchases you make. This does not affect the price you pay. Thanks for supporting our site! 🙂
Tried the Sleep Innovations 4-Inch Dual Layer Mattress Topper yet?
If your mattress isn’t quite up to par or you just fancy the soft comfort feeling of sleeping on a cloud, you can’t go too far wrong with this dual layer mattress topper from Sleep Innovations.
Sleep Innovations are one of the leading manufacturers of mattresses, pillows and toppers operating on the market today, and, deservedly, one of the most popular.
This particular product is the Queen size.
- Product Dimensions: 80 x 60 x 4 inches
- Item Weight: 24.1 pounds
- Warranty: 10 years limited
- Care Requirements: Cover for the top layer of fiber-fill is washable and dryer safe
Also available in Twin, Full, King and California King sizes.
This Sleep Innovations Mattress Topper is a premium product for a premium price, so you can expect a plethora of features for your money.
- Dual Layer: 2 inches of cooling gel infused memory foam and 2 inches of plush down pillow top for a combination of comfort and support
- Soft, quilted cover: The top layer is encased in a soft and fluffy cover (that’s easily washable) for ultimate comfort
- Keeps it shape: The 3-pound density memory foam retains it shape and distributes weight evenly over its lifespan
In addition to the above, this mattress topper also benefits from the following attributes:
- Pillow top layer is encased in a snug-fit, removable, washable and dryer safe cover
- Perfect for side, back and stomach sleepers
- Memory foam is made in the USA
- Memory foam eases pressure points and distributes weight evenly
- Cooling gel ensures the topper sleeps cool
- Easy shipping in a small box
- Some buyers found it marginally too soft for their tastes
- A small number of buyers noted that the plush fiber layer arrived separately from the memory foam layer. Please note that this is a likely distribution bug as opposed to a problem from the manufacturers.
The major selling point of the Sleep Innovations 4-Inch Dual Layer Mattress Topper is the two layer component, which manages to seamlessly combine plush comfort with robust support.
The lower level is composed of 3-pound density memory foam which aligns your neck and spine, distributes your weight evenly and mitigates any particular pressure points. If you’re sharing your bed, you won’t feel your partner moving around in the middle of the night.
The upper plush fiber layer is so soft that many buyers describe it as akin to sleeping on a cloud, providing the perfect luxury counterweight to the firmer support of the bottom layer. With its removable, washable cover, this top layer acts as a quasi protector for the memory foam layer too.
Another high point of this topper is the cooling gel infused through the memory foam, designed to sleep cool whatever the weather outside. This ensures no heat is trapped and airflow circulates continuously: all components needed for a restful night’s sleep.
Fit, Construction and Care
As half of the Sleep Innovations 4-Inch Dual Layer Mattress Topper is made of memory foam and it’s vacuum packed in order to guarantee easy and efficient shipping, you should expect the product to take a couple of days to fully expand to its natural size.
Once it has fully expanded, it fits standard sized mattresses perfectly and shouldn’t require any deeper sheets than normal.
One aspect agreed on by both its critics and celebrators alike is that this topper is made of very high quality materials and robustly constructed to be durable. This is backed up by the manufacturer who offers a 10-year limited warranty on the product.
Caring for this topper is also easy — a rare benefit to be found in this market — thanks to the removable cover on the top layer, which is both washable and dryer safe. While you can’t safely wash the bottom, memory foam layer, the top layer thankfully acts as a protector and keeps it clean by separating it from your body.
Have you tried the Sleep Innovations 4-Inch Dual Layer Mattress Topper yet?