Disclaimer: Please note, we do not publish sponsored posts. However, our posts do contain affiliate links, where we may be compensated for any purchases you make. This does not affect the price you pay. Thanks for supporting our site! 🙂
If you thought an air mattress was just for camping, this Restoration Airbed is going to blow your socks off.
It’s soft, lightweight, ultra-plush and just generally a joy to sleep on. Your guests won’t be able to tell the difference between this and a normal bed! Our one complaint? It’s a bit cheeky to label it as a Queen: we think it’s a smaller Full size.
This is advertized as a Queen size.
- Product Dimensions: 55.5 inches wide
- Item Weight: 16.6 pounds
- Color: Black with bright white top
- Pump: Built-in electric pump
- Material Composition: Comforter is filled with alternative down, is hypoallergenic and machine-washable
- Capacity: 400 lbs
- Warranty: 30-day satisfaction guarantee
For its comparatively low price,the Restoration offers a surprising array of features.
- Ultra-Plush Bedding Top: The flocked top is incredibly thick and soft while the alternative down stuffing keeps you warm throughout the night
- Internal Air Pump: Inflates and deflates the air mattress in under 3 minutes at the flip of a switch
- Easy to Transport and Store: Quick deflation means it’s super easy to fold and pack the air mattress into the oversize travel bag
In addition to the above, the Restoration Inflatable Airbed Down Comforter also benefits from the following:
- Mattress is hypoallergenic, protecting against mold, mildew, dust mites and other allergens
- It’s also machine washable
- The flocked top coil system ensures weight is distributed evenly about the bed
- Materials are waterproof and puncture resistant
- Very lightweight so easy to transport
- Oversized carry bag and patch repair kit are included
- It’s raised 18 inches so feels just like a normal bed
- At 55.5 inches wide, it’s definitely smaller than most Queen mattresses
- While the bright white top looks good when it’s clean, it can get dirty easily (thank goodness it’s machine washable!)
Comfort and Support
The major area in which the Restoration Inflatable Airbed stands out from its competitors is in the comfort stakes.
The ultra-plush white top, combined with the 18-inch raise, give the feel of a normal bed that’s easy to get in and out of at will. This is a serious pro if you’re anticipating the bed being used for elderly or less able-bodied guests.
Soft, fluffy and lightweight, this air mattress not only keeps you warm throughout the night — unlike most run-of-the-mill airbeds! — but it actually cradles your body just like a high quality traditional mattress would. The flocked top coil system doesn’t only just look good; it actually works to distribute your weight evenly about the bed. This eases any pressure points and gives the feeling of sleeping on a cloud.
While it can’t offer you the support of a traditional, high quality mattress, the Restoration‘s robust and puncture-resistant material composition — as well as its incredibly effective internal pump — keep it firm and supportive all night long.
Our one gripe with this air mattress is its size. It’s a few inches smaller than most Queen mattresses are, and with a weight capacity of 400 lbs, that could be a dealbreaker if you want it to be slept on by two larger-bodied guests. For one person, it’s roomy and super comfortable, but everything gets a little more cozy when you introduce a second sleeper into proceedings!
How Easy Is It To Use?
One of the most important functions of an air mattress is that it’s easy to inflate, deflate and transport.
Thankfully, the Restoration Inflatable Airbed is incredibly easy to use. The internal air pump allows inflation and deflation at the flip of a switch, working its magic in under 3 minutes. Unlike some of its competitors, the deflation truly gets the Restoration as flat as a pancake again, ensuring that it’s quick and easy to get it packed up and stored.
As an added bonus, the package includes an oversized large carry bag (plus a patch repair kit), which you can transport the air mattress around in when you’re not using it.
At just over 16 pounds, it’s comparatively very lightweight so may even be an option for people wishing to get a good night’s sleep while they’re camping. You will need to plug it into an electric socket though, in order to work the electric pump.