Disclaimer: To protect our editorial integrity, we do not accept sponsored posts, or free products in exchange for reviews. However, our posts do contain affiliate links, where we may be compensated for any purchases you make. This does not affect the price you pay. Thanks for supporting our site!
If you’re looking for indulgent comfort at a reasonable price, you can’t really go wrong with this Pinzon mattress pad. Supremely soft and fluffy, it’s the perfect additional layer your mattress needs.
Construction quality is high, with the pad end-to-end box stitched, ensuring that the pad stays in place on your bed no matter how much you toss and turn.
This particular pad is the Queen size.
- Product Dimensions: 60 x 80 inches (20 x 20 x 9.2 inches when shipped)
- Item Weight: 6.9 pounds
- Materials: Polyester, olefin, polyester filling and spandex
- Care requirements: Ideally, it should be professionally washed or dry cleaned
It’s also available in Twin, Twin XL, Full, King and California King.
- Incredibly Soft: The pad is sewn together with microplush fabric, which is very fluffy to the touch
- End-to-End Box Stitching: Filling is evenly distributed throughout the pad so it won’t flatten over time
- The pad is actually overfilled for additional comfort and plumpness
- It stays in place on the mattress regardless of tossing and turning
- Thoughtful material composition means that the pad is super durable, with many buyers using theirs for years and years
- It doesn’t lose firmness over time
- Convenient shipping and product comes in a easy-to-handle package
- Thicker than your average mattress pad
- Adds some extra insulation to your bed
- Considering the plus points, a highly reasonable price
- Great care is needed during washing and most buyers recommend taking it to the dry cleaners rather than attempting it yourself
- It doesn’t offer the same support as a quality mattress topper might
By far the most attractive feature of the Pinzon Overfilled Microplush Mattress Pad is the level of plush comfort it provides, all of which can be attributed to its thoughtful construction and material composition.
The top is 100% polyester while the bottom is 100% olefin. The filling is again 100% polyester and the sides are a blend of 90% polyester and 10% spandex. The spandex component is what allows the pad to stay in place on your bed and not slip around during the night.
The polyester filling is loft-retaining and deliberately overfilled in order to create a thick, plumping effect. The filling stays in place and doesn’t shift over time thanks to the end-to-end box stitching and mitered border. That means no flat spots in the years to come!
The most talked-about drawback of the Pinzon Mattress Pad is definitely its care needs. The sheer size of the pad means that it’s difficult to effectively wash in a normal household washing machine. In fairness, Pinzon are eager to point out that for ‘best results’, buyers should really use a professional cleaning service.
Of course, that isn’t convenient or financially prudent for everyone — especially considering the low price of the mattress — so you should take great care when washing it at home.
Spot cleans of any dirt spots are the best way to clean this Pinzon, although some experienced buyers recommend washing it in a machine on a really low setting and water level to avoid tearing and flooding when you need to do an all-over wash. Drying the pad in a tumble dryer appears to be an art that few have managed so tread cautiously.
If you’re able to find a solution for the Pinzon Overfilled Microplush Mattress Pad‘s washing needs, however, you’re onto a sure thing with this super comfortable and inexpensive mattress pad.