Disclaimer: Please note, we do not publish sponsored posts. However, our posts do contain affiliate links, where we may be compensated for any purchases you make. This does not affect the price you pay. Thanks for supporting our site! 🙂
Keystone KSTAD50B Energy Star Dehumidifier
- Air Quality
- Energy Efficiency
- Ease of Use and Noise
The Keystone Energy Star Dehumidifier is one of the cheapest 50-pint dehumidifiers on the market, and it has a long line of happy customers to boot. It doesn’t run quite as quietly as the Frigidaire model and the bucket design is a little inconvenient.
You can buy the Keystone KSTAD50B Energy Star Dehumidifier on Amazon.
Considering the Keystone KSTAD50B Energy Star Dehumidifier? Read this first.
This brilliant product is a worthy alternative to the Frigidaire FAD504DWD in the 50-pint dehumidifier market, although it doesn’t quite match it in terms of ease of use.
It’s nonetheless an effective and efficient dehumidifier that promises to remove 50 pints of moisture from a room measuring 3,000 square feet in a day.
- Size: 10.8 x 15.4 x 23.2 inches
- Weight: 36.3 pounds (ships at 41.1 pounds)
- Capacity: 50 pints
- Warranty: 5 year limited
As you’d expect, the Keystone KSTAD50B Energy Star Dehumidifier has plenty of great features.
- Continuous Draining Option: You can use a hose to keep the dehumidifier on constant operation
- Three Power Settings: Normal, turbo and auto-defrost
- Auto-Restart: Your settings will be saved in the event of a power outage
- Electronic Controls: An LED display with a 24-hour timer option
In addition to the above, the Keystone KSTAD50B also benefits from the following:
- Easy to read transparent water level indicator
- Automatic shut-off when the bucket reaches full capacity
- Removable and easy to clean dust filter with an alert when it needs to be cleaned
- It’s portable with 4 rolling caster wheels
- Quick working and effective
- Qualified with 2014 Energy Star certification so energy efficient
- Reasonably quiet
- Defrost setting ensures that the model is working as efficiently as possible
- It displays the humidity level on the LED display screen
- It can be difficult to remove the bucket when it’s not yet reached full capacity as it will continue to work even when the bucket is removed. It’s also hard to remove it without spilling any of the waste moisture.
- Not as quiet as the Frigidaire
How it Works and How to Use it
The Keystone KSTAD50B is able to remove 50 pints of moisture from a room up to 3,000 square feet in area per day.
It works by pulling in the room’s moisture gradually and moving it over an evaporator coil that separates and condenses the water, moving it to the waste bucket and reintroducing the dryer air back into the room.
The waste bucket will collect the water until it senses that it has reached capacity. At this point, it will automatically shut off until you empty and replace it to start the process again.
It has two speed settings: normal (165 cubic feet per minute) and turbo (188 cubic feet per minute). These can be adjusted on the clear and easy to use electronic display.
Unlike other lower quality dehumidifiers, the Keystone KSTAD50B also benefits from a defrost setting, which will ensure the longevity of your unit.
If your room temperature drops below a certain temperature, the moisture drawn in over the cold evaporator coil is likely to freeze. This will only serve to insulate the coil and will reduce its efficiency, eventually damaging it. The defrost setting will ensure that this doesn’t happen.
Once the waste moisture has been collected into the bucket, you’ll be faced with the primary negative of the Keystone KSTAD50B: it’s a little fiddly to remove it from the unit without spilling out the waste water. It will also continue to drip if it hasn’t yet reached full capacity, which could cause a mess.
Although very much a robust unit, the Keystone KSTAD50B is actually highly portable — at least between the rooms in your house.
It has 4 caster wheels to enable easy rolling although there’s no handle so it may be difficult to transport it up and down stairs or away from home.
As well as simply reducing moisture levels in the air, making it easier for you to breathe and improving your respiratory system, the Keystone KSTAD50B also has a filter to collect up dust particles and bacteria, improving the quality and purity of the air around you.
This filter is easily removed from the unit and washable too.
As an added bonus, the system will alert you when it senses that the filter needs to be cleaned, ensuring that the air you breathe during sleep is as pure as possible.
Have you tried the Keystone KSTAD50B Energy Star Dehumidifier yet?