Disclaimer: Please note, we do not publish sponsored posts. However, our posts do contain affiliate links, where we may be compensated for any purchases you make. This does not affect the price you pay. Thanks for supporting our site! 🙂
Intex are one of the most prolific and effective manufacturers of air mattresses and this, the Intex Pillow Rest Raised Airbed, is one of our favorites on the market in terms of pure budget value.
While it may not sport the luxury frills of some of its competitors, it has a built-in electric pump, flocked top and built-in pillows — everything you could need for a temporary airbed.
It’s also raised off the floor for added comfort and warmth.
This is the Queen size.
- Product Dimensions: 60 x 16.5 x 80 inches
- Item Weight: Unknown but Standard Twin is 11.5 pounds
- Color: Blue downy
- Pump: Built-in electric pump
- Material Composition: Laminated vinyl
- Capacity: 600 lbs
- Warranty: 30-day returns
This is also available in a Standard Twin size.
- Low Price: At around $50, this is certainly reasonably priced
- Built-in Electric Pump: It inflates the air mattress in around 3 minutes
- Built-in Pillows: An additional layer of comfort
In addition to the above, the Intex Pillow Rest Raised Airbed also benefits from the following:
- Raised 16.5 inches off the floor for added comfort and warmth
- Flocked top is comfortable and waterproof
- Works great with fitted sheets
- Comes with a shoulder strap and carry bag for easy storage and transport
- You can use a separate pump to inflate it if you need to use it outside
- A few buyers have commented that after heavy use, they have found that the interior air chambers can burst their walls, evening out the bulges and leaving the air mattress with a balloon-like feel. Our advice would be to be cautious with the weight capacity and use it only on a short-term, temporary basis
Comfort and Support
While the Intex Pillow Rest Raised Airbed is unable to compete with the more expensive models in the comfort and support stakes, it nevertheless offers a comfortable night’s sleep that’s certainly superior to a night on a simple camping mattress or pad.
It can easily support two people and the waterproof, flocked top is soft to the touch. The built-in pillows add an extra layer of comfort and mean that you don’t have to pack extra pillows — great news if you’re going camping or backpacking.
A 16.5 inch raise pulls your body away from the ground, keeping you warm throughout the night and lending the feel of being in a normal bed.
The double-layered wave beam interior construction keeps the bed inflated and supported. A few users have commented that they’ve heard the interior walls of the air chambers ‘pop’ open in the night — this doesn’t break the air mattress or puncture it, although the noise can be loud and it can result in a changing shape to the air mattress.
Always ensure that you keep well within the weight capacity and don’t use it as anything other than a short-term, temporary replacement to a traditional bed.
How Easy is it to Use?
With a built-in electric pump, this Intex Pillow Rest Raised Airbed is super easy to use, inflating and deflating in around 4 minutes, thanks to its high-powered operation.
There’s also the option to use a separate pump, attaching it directly to the center of the pump dial and inflating it that way. This will be indispensable to people hoping to use the air mattress camping or in other outdoor pursuits away from electricity.
Supporting this further, the airbed comes with a carry bag, allowing for easy storage and transportation.