Disclaimer: Please note, we do not publish sponsored posts. However, our posts do contain affiliate links, where we may be compensated for any purchases you make. This does not affect the price you pay. Thanks for supporting our site! 🙂
The Intex Comfort Plush Elevated Dura-Beam Airbed is our number one air mattress pick for ‘high maintenance’ sleepers — the guests who require greater comfort, stability and support than a ‘normal’ guest might.
Elderly and disabled people are likely to favor this airbed, as well as those sleepers who are difficult to please!
Any complaints we have with this air mattress are very minor: all in all, we think it’s a great deal for a great airbed.
This is the Queen size.
- Product Dimensions: 60 x 22 x 80 inches
- Item Weight: 11.57 pounds
- Color: Light and dark gray
- Pump: Built-in electric pump
- Material Composition: High-strength polyester fibers and flocked top
- Capacity: 600 lbs
- Warranty: None
Considering its reasonable price, the Intex Comfort Plush Airbed has a whopping load of features.
- Fiber-Tech Beam Construction: Thousands of high-strength polyester fibers provide enhanced comfort, durability and support
- Horizontal Air Chambers: Provide even greater stability and support
- Customizable Comfort: You can adjust the softness/firmness of the air mattress at the touch of a button
- Can be used inside or out: There is both an internal pump or the option to affix a separate hand pump if you have no electricity
Here’s a video from Intex showing the main features of the airbed:
In addition to the above, the Intex Comfort Plush Elevated Dura-Beam Airbed also benefits from the following:
- Raised 22 inches off the floor so feels like a normal bed
- Flocked top is comfortable and ensures no slippage from fitted sheets
- Internal pump works fast, inflating the air mattress in around 4.5 minutes
- It’s waterproof
- At under 12 lbs, it’s lightweight
- 100% more durable than a traditional air mattress
- Smell of plastic when first unpacked
- The included duffel bag isn’t very robust — you may need to replace it if you’re planning on taking it with you camping
Comfort and Support
Without wanting to be too gushingly positive about a product, we can honestly say that the Intex Comfort Plush Elevated Dura-Beam Airbed is one of the best air mattresses on the market right now, especially in terms of what it offers in comfort and support.
While it may not offer the luxury plush feel of the Restoration Inflatable Airbed, it is certainly comfortable at a practical level.
The flocked top is plush and soft to the touch, managing to keep hold of fitted sheets and not allowing them to slip overnight — regardless of any tossing or turning.
It’s also raised 22 inches off the floor — a few inches higher than many of its competitors. While this does a great job of emulating the feel of being in a traditional bed, it’s a lifesaver for the elderly and less able-bodied who are able to get in and out of it like they would a normal mattress. That includes anyone who simply feels a little stiff in the morning!
The Intex Comfort Plush Airbed really comes into its own when it comes to support.
Its meticulous construction — thousands upon thousands of ultra-strong polyester fibers in a Fiber-Tech Beam construction — lend the air mattress much durability and support. This is further enhanced by the internal horizontal air chambers, which work to make the bed as stable as possible.
How Easy is it to Use?
Another wonderful feature of the Intex Comfort Plush Elevated Dura-Beam Airbed is the fact that it’s so easy to get up and running, you could even conceivably leave you mother-in-law to erect it herself!
Wishful thinking, maybe…
The built-in electric pump is high powered and able to inflate the mattress within around 4.5 minutes. It can plug into any standard 110-120V wall outlet and just requires a touch of a button to start working.
If you test the airbed out and think it’s perhaps a little too firm for your tastes, you can adjust the comfort level according to your preferences using the dial on the pump. Easy peasy!
For those who want to take the air mattress camping with them, that’s easy too: if there’s no electric wall socket available, you can simply use a separate pump to inflate it instead straight from the inflation dial.
The one minor complaint we have with this product is that the included duffel bag to carry the mattress in isn’t particularly well-made. While that’s surely fine for buyers who simply wish to store the air mattress in the bag, those that want to transport it and take it on their outdoor adventures may feel more comfortable buying a separate, stronger carry bag.